Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tech Tools 3.0 Blog 1

Tech Tools 3.0 Blog 1

I decided to answer the last question first:  What is your experience with blogs, either as a reader or author?  I am new to blogging...other than a diary-type blog I have kept privately.  I'm a little nervous about sharing openly..even though, I am an English professor.  I encourage my students to share, so now I wonder why I'm nervous about it.

In Tech Tools 3.0, I hope to learn some new tools to use in teaching online and in communication.  I want to learn the new tools to share with my fellow community college faculty friends.

I don't expect too many challenges from learning in an online environment.  I have taught online for 7 years and have taken several online courses and participated in several MOOCs.  I actually enjoy learning online.

Now, it's obvious that I'm new with this blogging openly.  As we progress through the course, perhaps I'll become more "open" with my thoughts.

Sharon Bowman 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflection, Sharon. I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caitlin. I'm at the end of the first summer session with research papers and finals looming over me. I hope you'll be patient with me as I try to find time to work in this course. After I get to July 1 and second session begins, I should have more time. This is a great course. I'm so glad I found it!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete